Environmental awareness and education
We have launched a series of actions with the aim of transmitting to society the values of the marine Natura 2000 network, the importance of conserving the marine environment, and increasing environmental awareness among the economic sectors linked to the sea.
Specifically, we are aligned with the Biodiversity Foundation’s Environmental volunteer program, which promotes the involvement of citizens in the conservation of natural ecosystems, the coastline and hydrographic basins. In 2018-2019, 10 different entities participated in the program, a total of 8,095 volunteers were involved. The volunteers carried out actions to improve the conservation status of the marine ecosystems of the Natura 2000 network, among other activities.
The work carried out by LIFE INTEMARES has been recognized with two awards
- Maritime Rescue Award for our contribution to SDG 14 (Sustainable Development Goal 14) for the protection of marine life.
- Innovative contribution to the 2030 Agenda in the Go! SDG awards, convened by the Global Compact Spanish Network.
We have participated in more than 70 national and international events, among which are:
- COP 25 Madrid, 2019.
- World Congress of Marine Mammals. Barcelona, 2019.
- The XIII National Congress of Environmental Journalism. Madrid, 2019.
- Various European meetings of Integrated LIFE projects and the Marine Protected Areas in the Atlantic project.
- The Cotec Foundation’s innovation festival,# Imperdible_04. Madrid, 2019.
- The festival Piel de Atún. Cádiz, 2019.
- “Before the Blue COP“ workshop, co-organized by Because the Ocean. Madrid, 2019.
- 5th International Conference on Advances in Marine Conservation. Germany 2018.
- 4th World Congress of Marine Protected Areas, IMPAC4. Chile, 2018.
- 14th National Environment Congress. Madrid, 2018.
- Seminar “ Protection of the Marine Environment. Problems of marine litter”, co-organized with the Ministry for Ecological Transition in 2019.
- Our Ocean Conference – An Ocean for Life. Malta, 2017.